Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student progamme

Options
  • 15-01-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi i applied to some colleges around dublin to return as a mature student looking for any infor,advive ,tips etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you mean accommodation-specific advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 taylorkeith3

NO I BASICALLY APPLIED AS A MATURE STUDENT. ALL THE PAPER WORK IS FINE BUT I SUPPOSE IL BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW SO IM WONDERING WHAT ARE THEY GONA ASK WHAT MAYBE TO SAY OR NOT TO SAY ETC..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Third-Level Accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871

I have tips on when going for an interview as a mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hey , congrats on getting you application sent off:D!! Im almost finished mine..well every time i think i am something else pops up, i guess thats just how it goes though!!

Depending on what you have applied for there could be specific questions such as in my case im applying for social care so iv been told to expect some questions on my life experience/goals and what my motivation for wanting to become a social care worker is etc. So depending on your course you may be asked similar questions or similar relevant ones to your choice
    Then i think its a good idea if you have a good knowledge of the subjects taught on the course and a little background info on them as i know there are usually some questions centered around that,

Thats about all i can give you on that right now as im stil focusing on my application!:eek::eek: but there are some posts a the top of this forum, stickys, which have alot of very good adivces on the interviews etc. Another girl who would know alot more than me about this is Larianne too so if your stuck im sure she can help you out!:)

Best of luck with everything!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Haha i only noticed lariannes post after i posted mine!!:p

Advertisement