Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get wood for dolls house furniture

Options
  • 15-01-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I want to make some 1:12 scale dolls house furniture. I would rather not use ply or MDF. Does anyone know where I could get some small pieces/sheets/lengths of solid wood of thickness between 1/8" - 1/4" (about 3-6mm)?

If anyone has any advice or experience of materials used for making miniature furniture I would be grateful for it. Maybe ply will work?!

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Katzi wrote: »
    I want to make some 1:12 scale dolls house furniture. I would rather not use ply or MDF. Does anyone know where I could get some small pieces/sheets/lengths of solid wood of thickness between 1/8" - 1/4" (about 3-6mm)?

If anyone has any advice or experience of materials used for making miniature furniture I would be grateful for it. Maybe ply will work?!

Thank you.

Hi Katzi, I've made some dollhouse furniture before from teak, just cut it into thin strips about 6 or 7mm thin and worked from that. I found the teak fine to work with as it doesnt have much of a grain so you can make small parts from it and it'll still be pretty strong. Ig you know of a timber yard/supplier I'm sure they'd run you off a few strips, or if you knew anyone with a bandsaw, a few mins would do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bat7

You might find what you are looking for here http://thewoodshed.ecrater.com

Advertisement