Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putricide + a few more vids.

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Killed Putricide last night, honestly think it would have gone down last week but we had 10 attempts with solid lag, and as we couldn't raid any other day that week we had to bear with it.

We went in last night at 11 server time so as to not encounter any lag, low and behold 1st try it went below 35% and we wiped on 4% when one of the tanks couldn't get aggro due to taunting on dr's (which we were told it wasn't)
    We came back in and used a 2debuff taunt rotation instead and it was a pretty easy fight.

Last week with the lag we averaged about 4-6k dps this time the dps was up on about 6-8k which was such a massive improvement.

Anyway thought I'd share the vid, I think there's vids of all the wings + anub arak (grand crusader) try up there as well.

Enjoy! http://www.lockdowneu.com/media.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Lol - you're in Lockdown? Heh - remember the furor when you folks landed on Emeriss :P Wave from Alliance side Inq folk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Hehe, I was in requiem, #1 server for a long time, but things went stale in the guild and lockdown came in and with req being dead I was offered a spot and took it.

We're a friendly guild tbh, I mean we were the 1st to organize togc25 and toc25 pugs for good geared people from various guilds that missed their raids, I think it was just people being bitter at us taking server 1sts after xfering that made a few people mad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

nice kill to be honest ever since i migrated back to Tarren Mill and joined my old guild we had trouble even trying to down him on 10 man :S
    hopefully we get him down this week!

"we were the 1st to organize togc25 and toc25 pugs" - first horde side - intend to join in once my lowbie priest gets high enough, Inq had been running them on Alliance however since before Lockdown arrived with the help of the, now defunct, Grind Inc folks. Inquisition is back to being the only 25 man guild left on Alliance which makes me very worried about the servers long term viability tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Congratulations.

He is a severely tough boss by the looks of things, with only a small percentage downing him worldwide, thats a nice feat you have for yourself :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Yea sorry didn't mean to sound pretentious, meant to state horde side.
    Tbh I found the boss extremely easy when we didn't have a lag filled encounter, I mean you run left to right, kite 2 mobs while raid dps's them and you avoid to MASSIVE brown things on the floor rinse repeat, get to 35% and ZERG.

Its quite a dps/healing intensive fight however because if the tanks do reach 4 stacks its pretty much an instantaneous wipe. As an awareness fight however I thought it was going to be significantly harder considering some of the guilds speaking about it after the 1st few kills worldwide.

My apologies by the way - in my haste to assure myself of my own guilds worth I forgot to congratulate on a great kill - nice job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

fatjebus wrote: »
    As an awareness fight however I thought it was going to be significantly harder considering some of the guilds speaking about it after the 1st few kills worldwide.

Yeh i know what you mean. The first week it appeared that it was almost like a cockblock or something, so few guilds had downed it. Having killed it this reset with not a lot of problems, it really does seem pretty straightforward and were just annoyed the lag prevented us from better tries last reset. The updates to DBM really help as for 50% of goo ranged dont need to move. Last week, all ranged were shifting for every goo and losing a lot of dps.

(I say all this with the caveat that i actually died twice on our first kill :( First was pretty unavoidable, Frozen in slime but the second time i dribbled and got caught in the aoe splash of goo. fail :( )

Advertisement