Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the big big pet shop

Options
  • 15-01-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

lads and lassies,

I called down to the big big pet shop on the killybegs rd this week to get food for my bearded dragon and the owners informed me that they are closing down :(!!!

sad to see another buisness in donegal town closing down and both Derek and Bernard were very helpful with any questions you would have.

so they are having a closing down sale until the end of the month with 20-50% off all stock so if you know any one with any form of pet do the right thing and send them down to the lads.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

didnt even know it was there, obviously done a great job promoting it.
    sorry to see another business go though

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

yeah it was in Kelly cleanings shop.

They had just been an internet buisness for a few years and decided to open a small store in the family shop so people could come in and buy products in person but the lads were saying that the site has stopped moving items as well http://www.thebigbigpetshop.ie/.

Sorry to see them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rudedog

Same as that i never even heard of them. In any case, business closures are out of control in Donegal Town lately and its very sad indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

and yet the council will stand there with the hand out looking for rates, so will the esb and the insurance companies, and the revenue inspector, and the estate agents looking for rent... and the banks have closed their doors to SMEs since last year... the only place left open in town will be the courthouse and Lidl

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's a shame.

Their location wasn't very good though. Still, they did have a nice big tank of piranhas the last time I was there! :eek:

Donegal town swirls further and further down towards the plughole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Beez Neez

So sad to see another business gone in the town Im gone from Donegal for over twenty years but still love going home and can't believe how the town has deteriorated. The number of empty premises on the Diamond alone is frightening. All the shops I remember as a kid are gone Terry Woods Hendersons - what is happening to the old place? Can the rot be stopped ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

ah no thats sad it was a real nice pet shop and very helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

never knew there was a pet shop there either, thought this thread was to promote a new one or exsisting one

even so, shame to see another place close down

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Awww!!! They said they'd get me a ferret whenever I've things settled in the house :(

Shame ta see that place go. It's really good, and very helpful. Got lots of stuff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

A feret!! Oh dear god. The dog will just lovvvvvve that !! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Beez Neez wrote: »
    So sad to see another business gone in the town Im gone from Donegal for over twenty years but still love going home and can't believe how the town has deteriorated. The number of empty premises on the Diamond alone is frightening. All the shops I remember as a kid are gone Terry Woods Hendersons - what is happening to the old place? Can the rot be stopped ? :(

Hendersons is still there....unless they've closed in the last week?!!! :eek:

There was another hardware shop between Walsh butchers and Bustards shop up on main street which has closed If memory serves me it was Hendersons too I know the one down beside where Kearneys was is still open! Can someone confirm the hardware shop up on main street was also Hendersons or maybe I have it wrong Its closed anyway ! B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

that is Irwins you are thinking off! They have actually moved, they are now down by Magees factory I think, New Row.
    Ah theres so many closures lately its desperate. Who would believe the Tanaiste lives down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

Thats Irwins your thinking on its closed for some time but irwins hardware yard is still going its just down a bit from credit union

Yes of course that was Irwins Sorry! But you get my point - there's a lot of shops closed Particularly on the Diamond Youre right - hard to believe that the second most important politician on from Inver !! Was up home at the weekend and the town was very quiet -apart from the fireworks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah best firework display in the town in years and it's at 4am !!! Planning a bit off there me thinks!! :(

Ha ha mentioned the yellow evo when I way at home and chatting to mh brother who lives in Dunkineely and the thread about the fireworks ANC he could tell me who owned the evo ! He's a legend in those there parts !!

Advertisement