Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another haircut advice thread

Options
  • 15-01-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hello and help boardsies.

Im bored of my haircut again. I was short for ages and Im trying to grow my hair so I dont want to take much off the length. But I want to do something with it. Also thinking of changing the colour. Can't do anything massively mad like neon pink because I've job interviews to do and stuff. Maybe a plum colour?
    I also have MASSIVELY thick hair which I am unable to tame due to a complete lack of hair skills. So something easy to manage please

Anyway this is me and my current mid length disaster:

14742_1276956240146_1117179143_30863850_1096086_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Have you ever gone as dark before? Or with a colour with a purple base like plum?

Going by the pic your skin colour doesn't look too pale and I think the colour you have really suits, but alas we all need a change (12.15 for em tomorrow yeay!)

I would think that maybe too dark a colour might be too heavy on your face, but let's see what the other more hair colour conscious folks here will say..You remind me a little of Emily blunt, but maybe in this photo her hair is a few shades darker than yours, maybe it's just the light. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RhoiX9HEM_o/Sm8Ef48DYuI/AAAAAAAAARQ/jpPfyQHEbBk/s400/emilyblunt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Bless us you call that mid length!! Used have a massive head of hair before, almost down to me arse, now i wear it military style usually.. Suits most people even though it can look a bit severe at times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Go Red!!! :)

You could also go with blonde slices through your hair.

... but go Red!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I need pics of suggested red!

I was thinking of doing plum with slashes of blonde through it to be a bit odd.

I have been black, brown, brown with bright red going through it and blonde

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Not the best pic. Other pic I wanted to use was waaay too big and I dunno how to resize.

EmilyBlunt-thumb-350x315-11688.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I do like that red. Im just so bored of the way it is now, want something that stands out

Im thinking of going into toni and guy and getting it done well once and then getting it touched up somewhere cheaper.

Any suggestions cuts wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

Hey guys. I need some advice on what to do with my hair because I kind of hate it and I look terrible! It does not suit me at all. I went to a hairdresser and she gave me the most awful haircut ever. What to do? I have an undercut and I don't know how to incorporate that into my haircut. I would like a very short haircut but I'm worried it will look awful on me. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I'm in desperate need of a hairdresser who can cut very fine and very straight hair.

I'm sick of paying €60 for crap cuts. I ask them NOT to put in any product, I'm fending them off as too often it's only the next day, after washing the hair that I can see it's a bad cut. The last time the hairdresser cut it, I think she thought she was cutting a man's hair, I ended up practically scalped. She had done a man just before me. It's short, but for heaven's sake it's short for a woman, it'd be floppy on a man.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement