Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler replacement

Options
  • 14-01-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi ,

We have been quoted €3200 for supply and fit of 50000btu boiler , pump,timer,inhibiter and control pack.

I know we can get the grant and it will bring it down to €2500 but still seems steep.

Can anyone advise or even reccomend a supplier. We are based in north Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Joemc wrote: »
    Hi ,

We have been quoted €3200 for supply and fit of 50000btu boiler , pump,timer,inhibiter and control pack.

I know we can get the grant and it will bring it down to €2500 but still seems steep.

Can anyone advise or even reccomend a supplier. We are based in north Dublin.

€3200 isn't far away for what you propose.

Get more quotes, ensure your installer is RGII registered and a SEI approved contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Joemc

Thanks for the feedback I will ring around. Looking at last years threads and prices it looks like the gas compnaies have taken advantage of the grant and increased the price by €700..

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You can't compare the price of SEI work with non SEI work. There is a lot more included to qualify for grant. Two channel timeclock, cylinder and room stat, 2 motorised valves all to be interlinked with boiler. A good system.

Get some prices for just a boiler change and it will be much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Joemc

Good to kmow..

Thanks for that..

Advertisement