Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crashed...

Options
  • 14-01-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So, during the bad weather I was on the m50. I took a slip road off it at liffey valley. the driver in front of me decided to come to a complete stop in order to change lanes - were following someone. No hazard lights or anything displayed, just left indicating light.

I hit brakes, but due to on a slope and ice hit back of other car.

Left a big scratch. No other damage. No body hurt etc.

I assumed that as i hit the car from behind I was in wrong, but my friend says this wasn't so? He claims they performed dangerous driving for stopping on a dual carriageway to change lanes.

Needless to say insurances etc were swapped.

Would anybody here have any experience in such situations?

Sorry if this isn't the right forum. If it isn't will a mod please move it to relevant place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sorry to say but your friend is incorrect, you need to leave a safe space in the event of the car in front stopping suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What he was doing was stupid but unfortunity it still your fault for not leaving enough space to stop safely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Thats what i thought.

Thanks for your replies.

I left clearance just didnt account for the ice it seems.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement