Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 x 400 Watt MH on one circuit

Options
  • 14-01-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

what size cable would you recommend to power 6 x 400W metal halides on one circuit or maybe 3 and 3, also what size breaker to use? please. It comes to 10.43 Amps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Split it between 2 if not 3 circuits, are they 400 or 500W?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭maxamillius

2 circuits 10A mcbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

2 C10 mcbs for 3+3 alright.
    what are they for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭maxamillius

indoor in a warehouse or outdoor,will be deciding factor on your cable type,nymj or swa!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

There for use outdoors lighting an arena, prob have to use SWA so,
    maybe 2.5 sq. 3 are close to the board and the other 3 will be 20 - 30 metres away

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

i agree, sq cable for 1200Watts using two circuits. Would you consider NYMJ

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Would 2.5 sq NYMJ be safe to use, it would save me a good bit of money all right, I might run it through ducting instead of using SWA and loop the lights through seperate junction boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if it's underground- rule out nym ,even with duct

Advertisement