Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Ultimate, ebay

Options
  • 14-01-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have been looking on ebay at retail copies of Windows 7 Ultimate to buy, and came across some great value offers, 18.00 for a download retail copy, with product key. anyone any experience buying this at such a cheap price, there's a few sellers with this offer, or similar price, with 100% feedback. I'm really interested in this offer, but don't want to get burned on it, specially cause i'm broke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nameproblem

True, that's what I was thinking, guess I'll just save up and get a true copy :) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

Are you talking to yourself?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Given that the academic pricing for Win7 Pro is £30 or so, I'd suspect anything cheaper as being dodgy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Fysh wrote: »
    Given that the academic pricing for Win7 Pro is £30 or so, I'd suspect anything cheaper as being dodgy as hell.

It's prob a cracked version or somethin :(
    I downloaded what i thought was just a regular oem dell windows xp sp3...
    Installed it and never asked for a product key... No probs so far with it, but it's prob where he's getting the 5 stars reviews from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theotherguy

Eventually Microsoft will blacklist your product key which is probably a corporate one. Then when you update Windows it will lock you out!!
    Unless you can enter a valid key for the exact same version of OEM Corporate Windows that was installed you will be f****d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Eventually Microsoft will blacklist your product key which is probably a corporate one. Then when you update Windows it will lock you out!!
    Unless you can enter a valid key for the exact same version of OEM Corporate Windows that was installed you will be f****d.

Yeah the reason why i had to download it in the first place was due the not being able to find the correct cd. Hopefully this is the version i want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Effluo wrote: »
    I downloaded what i thought was just a regular oem dell windows xp sp3...
    Installed it and never asked for a product key... No probs so far with it, but it's prob where he's getting the 5 stars reviews from

Dell XP CD will not ask for a product key during the installation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

€18 ?

Warez - thread closed

If you are broke then forget about Windows 7.

Most other OS's are free
    you can run a trail copy of windows 2008 server for 240 days for free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement