Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI e-tron confirmed for production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

One assumes they would need to start saving their pennies now... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Given Audi reliability has taken a nose dive would you really feel safe in an all electric car from them? I would put this on the same level as a Renault electric car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

You feel inherently safer in an internal combustion engined car? Little explosions propelling you along, toxic exhaust gases spewing out the back.

Besides, Audi (VAG) reliability is decidedly average, not life threatening. Bit of a hyperbole reaction no?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Matt Simis wrote: »
    You feel inherently safer in an internal combustion engined car? Little explosions propelling you along, toxic exhaust gases spewing out the back.

Besides, Audi (VAG) reliability is decidedly average, not life threatening. Bit of a hyperbole reaction no?

A tonne of battery acid sucks too though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A tonne of battery acid sucks too though:p
    Li-Ion batteries contain battery acid now do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,886 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Matt Simis wrote: »

Well we have had 125 years of making it safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

unkel wrote: »
    Well we have had 125 years of making it safe :)

Tell that to the people who have had fuel hoses corrode (due to age or heat) leading to engine fires! I suspect ICE is more dangerous by nature.
    True that ICE is well established, but aside from cars, we have been using electricity for a long long time. eg the electric motor was invented in 1821 (yes 1821), 189 years ago.

There have been electric cars since 1832, granted they pretty much exclusively suck (with the exception of the Tesla), but I dont look at them with suspicsion now that battery technology has caught up. The Tesla Roadster itself uses a Tesla AC induction type motor, invented in 1885.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I know this has been mention on here before, but AUDI have now confirmed production of the e-tron (plug-in electric R8).

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/01/14/audi_etron_launch/

audi_etron_02.jpg

This one is actually closer in size to an A3 - could it be the rumoured R4???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

What is it about the boards motor pages that attracts clueless ****ers?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alun wrote: »
    Li-Ion batteries contain battery acid now do they?

Ah i was only messing:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement