Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for MMA training

Options
  • 14-01-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

I started traning in MMA (enrolled for a month's training in a gym offering classes in Wrestling, BJJ, Boxing, Thai Boxing etc.) earlier on this month, and have been enjoying the experience a lot. Unfortunately, I won't be able to afford another month's full membership for quite a while. I want to keep on training but will have to cut back to two classes or so a week. I was wondering if people think it would be better for me to split my training (ie- opt for one BJJ and one Thai Boxing class a week) or if I should focus on a single discipline and train in that twice weekly. (ie- two Thai Boxing sessions a week)

Any opinions/advice would be great, thanks alot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I would probably opt for both the only reason being that you won't end up one dimensional.

The con is you will take much longer to get good at both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

What Jason said, or find a place that coaches Mixed Martial Arts Classes.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

which do you prefer?

Advertisement