Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best off-licences in Northern Ireland?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hope someone can help me out. I am interested in sourcing craft and foreign beers as well as wines in the north. Does anyone know if any of the Sainsbury outlets carry the full range of beers featured on their website? Are there other off-licences that stock a good range of ales, stouts or wines?
    Any help appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The two best in Belfast, I hear, are Gap Wines and The Vineyard. Coverage in Sainsbury's is very spotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The Vineyard also has the full rang of Sam Smith range of beers that you don't find down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nevc

Thanks for the replies. The selection on The Gap site is impressive. Will check out both of them. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Re: wine, I think McAnerney's in Armagh is one of NI's best wine shops. Was in Sainsbury's in Armagh as well the other day. Lovely selection of beers there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MattKane wrote: »
    Re: wine, I think McAnerney's in Armagh is one of NI's best wine shops.
    Yes they've done a good job with it. Shame the beer selection didn't get a similar overhaul.
    MattKane wrote: »
    Was in Sainsbury's in Armagh as well the other day. Lovely selection of beers there.
    They've really crammed them in well to that tiny space. I've found the selection there to be better than bigger Sainsburyses like Newry and Sprucefield.

• Advertisement
Advertisement