Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft masks fogging up

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25

Hi what is the best way to stop my mask fogging up when playing i bought some anti foging wipes but they didnt work , i usually wear a balaclava under my mask,so does anyone have any advice or any tips or something i can buy.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Why not try a mesh mask?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Aviaries

i had one and i just hated it thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Aviaries wrote: »
    Hi what is the best way to stop my mask fogging up when playing i bought some anti foging wipes but they didnt work , i usually wear a balaclava under my mask,so does anyone have any advice or any tips or something i can buy.thanks

Or instead of a mesh mask, stop wearing a balaclava under your mask. The excess heat generated by your body as a result of the balaclava is most certainly not helping.

As for anti-fog; it works best when you can give your eye-protection some level of ventilation. Of all the types I've used, I find "fog-tech" solution and/or wipes to be the most effective; but it wont stop fogging indefinitely. Just like every anti-fog solution. Hence the ability to ventilate. I personally use either ESS Ice ballistic glasses or ESS V12 Advancer goggles; both of which allow for ventilation. Used in concert with anti-fog solution I rarely have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Cat crap, have a look on ebay or some of the retailers use it on a couple of masks that had a tendency to fog up and they are grand now, you apply a thin layer and buff off i get most if not all day out of mine.

the guy i bought my new eye wear from has one for sale in the advert thread have a look
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63855770&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    Cat crap, have a look on ebay or some of the retailers use it on a couple of masks that had a tendency to fog up and they are grand now, you apply a thin layer and buff off i get most if not all day out of mine.

I used to use cat-crap but my mileage obviously varied from yours. It was good stuff, but never seemed to last as long as I would have liked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

tonyj_mc wrote: »

i agree with you, cat crap seems to last the whole day for me.
    must be applied with care and patience though, and it will work like a beauty!
    i recommend cat crap too
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

fairy washing up liquid, works great, i used it for years on diving masks, just wipe on a bit, with a dry rag, and wipe off, you should get a few hours, if you dont keep taking off your mask, or putting your fingers on the lens. forgot to add bring one rag with the washing up liquid on in a bag, and have onther clean rag, to wipe it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

if its any help i have the same problem with my full masks and goggles i tried everything and nothing lasted long enough before i had to take them off and clean so i bought laptop fans 2 for each mask 5v each and riged them to a 9v battery box and its hidden in front of my chin,you can see nothing and i have used my mates masks with built in fans and mine and 10 times quieter.I can give you the site i bought the fans from if you want there cheap but quality fans .

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mgsguru

well you could do those things or the simple solution would be to get a 3mm or 4mm (4mm in my case) drill bit and drill a few holes around the edges. here is a pic of my goggles. i had problems with them fogging up until i done this and now there grand. no problems what so ever.

just food for thought for you.

7824485462a12104374046l.jpg

thats a great idea .did the drilling leave any discoloring of the lenses?

• Advertisement

Once the bit doesnt get hot it shouldnt affect the goggles at all. Because if it gets hot it will melt the edges of the holes and cloud the lense around them. A good sharp bit is best for this. I used a brand new bit and it didnt discolour the lense at all.

there going on mine fans or not if they ever fail ill have a back up .what type of bit did you use,wood, steel or masonry?

I used a standard steel bit.

Glad i could help.

cheers thanks,

Sorry if i hijacked the thread.

Well when you think about it you didnt really hijack the thread because if you didnt ask the questions somebody else would have. So realisticly you helped people out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I heard tooth paste works too, mix it with a bit of spit, wipe on, wipe off.

Tried it myself, seems to work, but I rarely get fogging, good ventilation in your goggles is better.

Advertisement