Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shower

Options
  • 13-01-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

My electric shower isn't heating the water unless you put it on full heat and then it heats a bit alright.It's a mains fed shower.Do you guys have any ideas what it might be.Would it be a water pump, water pressure, heating element or what.:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

could be any of those things, cleaning the filters on showers has fixed many problems, is it a triton T80?

if not what make and model is it?

it sounds like a stat issue to me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭youtheman

If it's mains fed then there is no pump. The incoming water is at an all time low, and your heating element is fixed as regards power, so you'll find that you have to reduce the flow to get the same amount of hot water you're used to.

This is the very reason whay I went from a mains fed, un-pumped shower, to a tank fed pumped shower. The water in your attic tank is much warmer than the mains feed (which is essentially close to ground temperature). So you get much warmer water out of the shower for a given heat input.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭loadz

The model is a mira sport.I'm not sure if there's a pump in it or not. I noticed if you put it on full heat it can get very hot and then it can go very cold, it's intermittent but if you turn down the heat it goes cold,any ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

the stat is probably 'cycling'.
    need to clean filter and showerhead anyway first

Advertisement