Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon SOUTH AFRICA and... KENYA??

Options
  • 13-01-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I'm going on honeymoon in Dec 10 /Jan 11.

We want to got to SA and do Cape Town (5 nites)/ Garden Route (3nites) and safari (2/3nites)... From there we want to go on and have a relaxing beach holiday for at least 6 nights.

We have looked at Martius but will be into their rainy season at the start of Jan... So was thinking about heading to Kenya, Mombasa. Is it a long flight from Port Elizabeth? Anyone done anything like this? Or any other idea's? I spoke to a travel agent who said not to bother leaving SA but i think i'd like something different at that stage.. An all inclusive deal or something.

Anyone anything they want to add... all info is welcome :confused:

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

To get to Kenya from PE you will have to fly to Joburg first and on to Kenya. You could also think about doing the beach holiday in Mozambique, or maybe Zanzibar?

If you are flying to Joburg anyway I would be inclined to go to Kruger for your safari rather than one around PE (I assume you were thinking of Shamwari or similar) as it's far more authentic. I'd also try to allow more than 3 days for the Garden Route. It's quite a distance from Cape Town to PE and if you only allow 3 days you will spend your whole time in the car. Finally, be aware that it is peak holiday season in SA, so make sure you have all your accommodation etc booked in advance.

Advertisement