Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of any cheap accomodation in or around Verbier?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I suspect the word 'cheap' in the same sentence as Verbier means I'll get no replies, but if anyone has any ideas of anywhere there or in any of the satelite towns it'd be much appreciated????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

It is a long time since I actually stayed in Verbier (did a days skiing there a few weeks ago which was brilliant) but it is definitely possible to get reasonably priced accomodation. Have you tried the official website or any of the other websites. www.verbinet.com
    Failing that try Le Chable which is down in the Valley, La Tzoumaz which is the other side of the Savoleyers mountain or Siviez which has great access to the whole ski area. Siviez is small and not very attractive but I've heard it is a lot less costly than Verbier. La Tzoumaz is more a french/Swiss Family area.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rjp123

try ski-link, they offer accom in nendaz near verbier i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

thanks lads will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jimdev

I will qualify this by saying I would recommend this to almost nobody...

There is one place in Verbier, I had one night I had to stay without accom, so I booked this place. When I saw it I canceled my booking. It is the roughest place I think I have ever considered staying. But it is seriously cheap.

The bunker is a hostel set in a dis-used WW2 bunker.

Book at your own peril, 35 beds a room.
    http://www.thebunker.ch/

They also have the summer house, which sounds less awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

jimdev wrote: »
    I will qualify this by saying I would recommend this to almost nobody...

There is one place in Verbier, I had one night I had to stay without accom, so I booked this place. When I saw it I canceled my booking. It is the roughest place I think I have ever considered staying. But it is seriously cheap.

The bunker is a hostel set in a dis-used WW2 bunker.

Book at your own peril, 35 beds a room.
    http://www.thebunker.ch/

They also have the summer house, which sounds less awful...

yeah i saw that but it had put up a note on the website saying it had closed it down and something about the local council running it from now on...

• Advertisement
Advertisement