Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crennel now a Chief

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭

Man this is getting so weird, all they need is Belichick and Brady now to have the whole package from our triple superbowl years.
    Romeo Crennel is the new defensive co-ordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs. So they now have him, Charlie Weis and Scott Pioli from the management team of our triple superbowl era. And of course veteran Mike Vrabel from that time too, along with other former Patriot's Matt Cassel and Ryan O'Callaghan.
    That is one hell of a coaching lineup, I expect to see big things from Kansas in the next two years.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815b3b74&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

eagle eye wrote: »
    Man this is getting so weird, all they need is Belichick and Brady now to have the whole package from our triple superbowl years.
    Romeo Crennel is the new defensive co-ordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs. So they now have him, Charlie Weis and Scott Pioli from the management team of our triple superbowl era. And of course veteran Mike Vrabel from that time too, along with other former Patriot's Matt Cassel and Ryan O'Callaghan.
    That is one hell of a coaching lineup, I expect to see big things from Kansas in the next two years.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815b3b74&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Yeah its great hiring. Both Crennel and Weis have a bit of work to do to get their reputations back upto where they were a few years ago. Both are clearly very good x's and o's guys who coach well in the pros. It's quite probable that they just werent suited to the head coaching roles when they got them. They have some talent on their teams and Weis should be able to get Cassel playing to a high level like he did with the Pats, they have Jammal Charles at running back for the next few years but need to get some o-line help and another reciever so as to be able to run Weis' system but in New England he always found a way to make things happen. Same goes for Crennel. His schemes were terrific for the Pats and if both stay on as co-ordinator for a few years the Chiefs will get things together, I'm not sure if it will be as soon as next year or the year after but they will get things together with the smart hiring that Pioli has made so far in his tenure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

frostie500 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it will be as soon as next year or the year after but they will get things together with the smart hiring that Pioli has made so far in his tenure

I'm inclined to agree. I think it's a good structure they are getting in place. I'm curious to see what they do with that roster over the next two seasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

When I glanced at the title first I thought it said 'Crennel now a Cheat', lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

When I glanced at the title first I thought it said 'Crennel now a Cheat', lol.

I thought it said he was "now a Chef" :D

Advertisement