Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting charged for Elec?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey moved into new place and got first bill from ESB. I am on nightsaver domestic and got charged no units during the daytime at all. I mean completely zero. Normal standing charges there and also units used at night.

anybody experienced this. Dont want to ring them as dont want the bill to go up :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Is it an estimated bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Is it an estimated bill?

no not an estimated reading. it has C beside it instead of E beside the meter readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

chris85 wrote: »
    no not an estimated reading. it has C beside it instead of E beside the meter readings.

Oh, so you called it in. Well if the day reading hasn't changed then you're in the clear. Has the day reading changed at all since you moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Oh, so you called it in. Well if the day reading hasn't changed then you're in the clear. Has the day reading changed at all since you moved in?

I didnt call it in though and thats what i am not understanding.

Basically i moved in and took over account fromm when previous tennant left on 27th october last year and reading taken when they left. got first bill and its says customer reading but i didnt take it.

unsure whether day reading has changed. unsure where the meter is as in apartment block and unsure where meter is and if i can even access it???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Your probably better to get it sorted, they will notice it eventually, and they might try lump you with a hefty bill.

Your meter would be downstairs near the hall, or in the basement if you have one. the landlord or management company would help you with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Timeswitch error most likely. Report it and it will be dealt with fairly sharpish.

The customer reading was submitted by the last guy, so you won't be liable for anything beforehand.

Advertisement