Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite DJ / electronic act right now?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭

What's your favourite DJ / electronic act right now?

I'm old skool so I am sticky with Sasha and Depeche Mode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Loving Datsik right now, he's really filthy dubstep, calls it industrial dubstep or something, really mechanical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

What's your favourite DJ / electronic act right now?

I'm old skool so I am sticky with Sasha and Depeche Mode.

Is that not contradicting yourself tough?:confused:

For me I guess at the moment Reset Robot, he has been releasing some great tunes of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Another vote for Datsik. His collaborations with Excision are also really good.

For DnB I'm really into Sensai, Heist and Taxman at the moment, but I'm going through a Jump Up phase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bigfeather

Subscape for Dubstep, Camo & Krooked and Logistics for DnB. These guy's production has all stepped up so much lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Extrawelt for the deep stuff and Gaiser for the minimal stuff. Fever Ray for chilling out too (and attempting to sing along) and Sukh Night for the dubby side of things.

Then there's Ramon Tapia when I just want to jump around with a big smile on my face :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Boxcutter (and his Barry Lynn album),
    Amon Tobin,
    Plaid (Especially the Not For Threes album)
    Autechre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Greame Park and ATFC.

Parky needs no introduction to anyone who knows their stuff about dance music, he's been around since the very beginning and is still playing out all over the world, playing out some quality funky and soulful House.

ATFC is another amazing producer and equally as good a DJ who is at the top of his game right now.

Deadmau5...
    ...okay, that was just to annoy, it's Extrawelt...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Four Tet. New album out next week should be great but everything he has done still sounds as fresh as ever so am listening back to a lot of it at the moment. His remix work is outstanding as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sweeno69

Ben Klock, Function & of course John Digweed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Sasha Le Monnier's sets are class - if you like prog you should defo check her out. Tons of mixes up on www.soundcloud.com

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Miro Pajic for me... truely evil techno.

Should also say that, though some of them have been around a while, I'm getting all Oirish and listening to a lot of our own, across a variety of styles and genres, ambient/electronica, deep house, techno...even minimal...

Mick Chillage

Donnacha Costello

Chymera

John Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Should also say that, though some of them have been around a while, I'm getting all Oirish and listening to a lot of our own, across a variety of styles and genres, ambient/electronica, deep house, techno...even minimal...

Yeah loving Chymera and Costello at the moment. Especially Chymera some of his stuff is really world class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Yeah loving Chymera and Costello at the moment. Especially Chymera some of his stuff is really world class.

+1 for Arabesque anyway

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Also on the Irish buzz, really liking the album by Mark O'Sullivan - Fragments from a Lost Country.

She Stood There Laughing

Steam

And love the Mick Chillage album too, certainly one of the best from 2009.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Boxcutter (and his Barry Lynn album),
    Amon Tobin,
    Plaid (Especially the Not For Threes album)
    Autechre

Yeah Not For Threes is a stunning album alright.

I think 'Trainer' is highly underrated and actually one of my favourites from them... their early and raw material :pac:

Advertisement