Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting Mondeo Inspected...Any comments?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi I am getting this car inspected by a mech this weekend. Its my 2nd mondeo to get checked out. Any opinons on this model, price, VRT, etc...

All comments welcome

I think the VRT for this car will be about 2k.

Cheers

Also What is the best HPI check website for UK cars?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/989631
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks well tidy. Check over carefully - especially the service history.

www.hpicheck.com

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

I recently brought in a '03 Mondeo Ghia x
    VRT €2600 so check in advance if your VRT budget is 2K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Looks lovely, run your hands under the sills and check for welding first. You can never be too carefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like a Zetec S model which was only sold in the UK afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

bookerboy wrote: »
    I recently brought in a '03 Mondeo Ghia x
    VRT €2600 so check in advance if your VRT budget is 2K

Yeah. The Ghia x has leather that's why it attracts more vrt. Was looking at one but decided against cos of cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Get your mechanic to check very carefully for damage to the DMF. They tend to go around 70 - 100K miles so that one is in range.

Look for vibration in the clutch pedal when its moving in and out and if possible check for iron filings in and around the starter motor if you can.

If/when the DMF goes it can be an expensive fix as it often takes the starter motor out with it and you are recommended to replace clutch and CSC at the same time. Ford will quote over €1000 for parts alone and there is quite a bit of labour.

Ifs its been done already then great

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

the pics look like they were taken a while back going by the weather, i'm just wondering why there are not more recent pics:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If those alloys are in any way damaged they are costly to put right. Machine polished wheels are a disaster that way

Advertisement