Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal statement - CAO application

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

As regards the personal statement and relevance to the course I am applying what happens if my first choice and say second/third choice are courses in different fields and I was not offered a place on my first choice ? I contacted the CAO and they told me I can only write the one statement. So what have others done/recommend in this situation ?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,281 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Try not to get too involved in the course/subject matter, if there is any common theme between the courses try and bring that in. Concentrate more on your personality, interests and achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mature Student

Hi hope the below information helps you. Try and keep your personel statement general. It is really more a piece on your life story, with the first paragraph been about where you have come from, the middle on where you are now and the last been on where you would like to go. I found a sample one for mature student in my local VEC. If you are not in Meath you can access their website by going to the below website www.meathvec.ie and going to the Adult Guidance section. In this website they have a section 'Thinking of Returning to College'. If you do live in meath they offer free workshops to help you fill in and complete your application. If you cant find it ring there information officer Eilis - 046 9068249. All counties have Adult Guidance Services that should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gwendal

if you go to www.thestudentroom.co.uk and look at the personal statement section there are some examples of ones for joint course choices. these are more for ucas than cao but they should be of some help. you can keep it general anyway so it won't be that hard

Advertisement