Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPS Tracking Help!!

Options
  • 13-01-2010 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Ok, So i bought an iPhone 3g 16Gb on ebay on the 7th of january 2010 from the States. The Buyer Had Usps priority mail International as P&P.
    So He Sent It The Next Day 8th Of January.
    When i use the Tracking Number This is what i get ;

Label/Receipt Number: CQ67 0546 559U S
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Parcels

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 8, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Any idea's?
    Ive Been Going around forums and they said some packages dont get scanned and usps tracking is dreadful.
    any past experiences?
    The Usps Website States prioirty mail international takes on average 6-10 days!
    The Ebay Seller Has 98.5% Pos Feedback with Over 2000 Sales So Its Not a Case of being Scammed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Any idea's?

Well it's either one of two things. Either the seller has still not posted it (most likely) or USPS have not updated the site (something wrong with the tracking system)

The Usps Website States prioirty mail international takes on average 6-10 days!

Ya that sounds about right.

You might just have to give it a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Agreed with the above poster. Tracking is very hit and miss.

That message basically means the seller has created a shipment but USPS has not received the package yet.

I don't have much experience with USPS but their tracking may not be too detailed as opposed to Fedex which can get right down to the location at any time.

By the way, even on Priority, from the States your looking at 7 working days minimum to receive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It was only posted on Friday (maybe), so it won't even be on a plane out of the US yet. Not showing up on the USPS site is not that strange, they're not always the most reliable.

Give it until at least Jan 20th, if not longer, before you start to worry. It's pretty much not going to be here before then. Whether it actually appears on the tracking site or not is another thing all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He has printed out a label but not posted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paulrosswhelan

Ok So i Wrote a Thread Last week regarding the Tracking Of My Iphone 3g From the States Via Usps.
    Anyway it's Finally Here In This God Forsakin Country, i checked usps and it says :nto Foreign Customs, January 18, 2010, 4:57 pm, IRELAND. So i then checked an post and it says :
    Current Status
    ITEM RECEIVEDPORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS18-Jan-10

Anyone? The Last thing i got shipped from outside the eu was a Psp Like Electronic from Dealextreme and it was charged ;( but that went to dublin not portlaoise!
    anyway thanks ;)

• Advertisement

Thread merged with existing thread.

Is there a question here? It seems fairly obvious that your phone is in the central sorting centre in Portlaoise. I don't see your issue. Expect delivery soon.

jor el wrote: »
    Thread merged with existing thread.

Is there a question here?
    I Meant to say do you think it will get charged fro customs?
    thanks

No one can really answer that, it either will or won't. Whether anyone thinks it will or not is irrelevant. You should be prepared to for the answer to be yes, and prepared to pay.

Ok So i checked back on usps and i cleared customs ;) checked an post track and trace and its moved from portlaoise to a depot in wexford, im just outside gorey in wexford, so do you think ill have it tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

just outside gorey in wexford, so do you think ill have it tomorrow?

Ya I'd say so.

• Advertisement

Hope So ;)
    Ive Never Had It In a Depot in Wexford Before, It Always Came From Dublin And Into Gorey? This One Came From Portlaoise Maybe Thats Why!
    :rolleyes:

Portlaoise is the International Mail Center. So Customs operate there. Dublin etc (to my knowledge) do EU only.

To be honest, expect to be charged for customs. I got stuff for years with no charges and all of sudden its every time. And don't expect it to arrive with the package, it can arrive some times afterwards.

Also depends how the item was declared and its stated value

well its in wexford now , and i always recieve a letter from customs well before it moves at all. so im just hoping i got past without charge ;)

Tracking it online this morning said it was in gorey on its way to me! post man came, said there's a charge for 63 euro, ok nut did i get a letter from revenue no! an email maybe? no not even a ****ing phone call! :mad:

They don't have to notify you, that's done at delivery time. What would it achieve by you knowing in advance?

jor el wrote: »
    They don't have to notify you, that's done at delivery time. What would it achieve by you knowing in advance?

Some high value items are held until you pay. That was years ago so I don't know what the official line is. Also if its queried as my friend found out when he brought in Russian NVG's. :rolleyes:

Advertisement