Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meribel town centre near slopes?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for accommodation in Meribel at the moment & have found a place which says it's in the resort center & but 8 minutes from the slopes?

Has anyone been there? Is there ski in, ski out accommodation? I'd prefer this option if possible... I thought Meribel was purpose built & most purpose built resorts wouldn't have the center 8 minutes from the slopes, they'd be very easy to access... I'm confused.

Can anyone tell me if the center of Meribel is in fact 8 minutes from the slopes and if there is accommodation on the slopes?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I stayed in Mottaret a couple of years ago which is a little way further up the valley. I think pretty much everywhere there was ski-in/out. They had a gondola just to get up the hill for non-skiers on the road side of the accomodations and the pistes were the other side. I've no idea where the centre of Meribel would be though as I wasn't paying that much attention as we went through.

I think there is other accomodation further down the valley though where you then have to get another gondola to get up to Meribel and the slopes so could be they are trying to confuse you with calling that Meribel.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

Thanks guys.. I think I've made sense of it. Not all accommodation appears to be ski in ski out - but none of it is terribly far from the slopes either. I can make sense of the description on the website now anyway.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

hey
    if you cant find anything in Meribel, have a look at Val Thorens, its the next town. You can ski it in about 20 mins & Val Thorens is a class town, excellent apres ski too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

daosulli wrote: »
    hey
    if you cant find anything in Meribel, have a look at Val Thorens, its the next town. You can ski it in about 20 mins & Val Thorens is a class town, excellent apres ski too :D

Yep... I was in Val Thorens in early Dec. Really enjoyed it... we wanted to go back to the 3 valleys but maybe somewhere different although I'd def go back to Val Thorens another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I ski'd in Meribel a few years ago staying in La Chaudanne which is one of the nearest hotels to the lifts. You could ski to about 100 yards from the hotel but there was a road between the lifts and the hotel. To be honest, Meribel wasn't that big anyway. Hotel was a bit pricey but the food was consistently the best I have ever eaten (and I mean ever!). You would pay muchos euro to eat like that in Ireland.

Mottaret would be good for ski in/ski out.

Advertisement