Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Picks - Techno/House - Week Ending 17th January 2010

Options
  • 13-01-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Right seens as this was brought up on the feedback thread, I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Here's some music journo wankery and youtube video of a fairly recent track.

Weekly Pick

DJ Sprinkles - Grand Central Pt. 1 (MCDE Bassline Dub)
    What is it about MCDE that makes everything he touches turn to gold?

Having blown the world away with his Raw Cuts series on his own MCDE imprint, and then the inevitable slew of remixes for the likes of Poker Flat (Steve Bug&Donnacha Costello’s Still Music) and 2020 Vision (Art Of Tones’ Call The Shots), this guy has made an impact on house and techno that is usually delivered by the more experienced ‘stalwarts’ of the scene.

And all this at the ripe young age of 24.

Ok so ignoring the entirely justifiable hype about this kid from Stuttgart, what are we left with for this remix on the awesome Mule Musiq imprint?

Well, fortunately what we’re left with is yet another slice of rough and raw TR laden atmospheric yet groovy house, complimented by Mr Plessow’s trademark looseness and entirely indefinable timeless aesthetic. Which is nice.

As usual with a Motor City Drum Ensemble cut, we are reminded of the importance of individual originality in an artist, especially when said artist is merely the remixer and not the original creator.

If you’ve enjoyed any Motor City Drum Ensemble related goings on in the past 18 months, there is no doubt that you’ll enjoy this just as much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Nice one jtsuited - had missed that Motor City Drum Ensemble remix - really really like it, love the bassline.

Ok my weekly pick is a fairly recent track as well - from a German too - D. Diggler (real name Andreas Mügge), who had 3 releases in quick succession called 'Decade One Part 1', 'Decade One Part 2, and you guessed it - 'Decade One Part 3'.

I picked this one from Decade One Part 1 - it's called Regenwald, but all 3 Decade One releases are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

joker77 wrote: »
    D. Diggler
    I wonder does Rafa Benitez know Diggler is fondling in music production.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

that's a pretty intense track joker. will check out that series. nice one.

Advertisement