Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50hx problem

Options
  • 13-01-2010 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i have a 92 50 hx and heater plug wont work have tested it at the plug works there but wont work from ignition,anyone know where to look i do notice there is a glass fuse on ignition panal which keeps blowing but dont know why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Hi. I moved your post to a new thread.

Without knowing the machine in question I would think that you have a dead short between the ignition and the heater plug.

There is normally a relay controlling the heater plug to reduce the current flowing through the ignition switch.

You need to follow the wire back from the heaterplug and see if you can spot a point where it is rubbing on a metal part - cab frame or bell housing or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 case015

great thanks for that time to get searching so,need some heat this weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

No worries.

Welcome to Boards.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

older diesel engines also often have a strip fuse on the supply to the glow plugs / the relay somewhere

something like this (often under a plastic cover)
    Streifensicherung.jpg

Advertisement