Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Old bicycles needed for Documentary

Options
  • 13-01-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering if anybody would have access to old bicycles for a documentary i am making on Balbriggans famous Cyclist Harry Reynolds.

Harry was world Champion in 1896, obviously i don't expect anything that old but if i could get something around 30 years or so then it might do the trick for a short reconstruction of his world Championship winning race in Copenhagen, Although the older the better and i would be equally as happy if i could just borrow the bicycles for a short time as opposed to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

You could try leaving a comment/request for this guy (or emailing him via flickr if you log in):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/sets/72157594390275277/

I don't know him but he has posted some pictures of nice vintage bikes that he owns, and he seems to be based in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

You could try leaving a comment/request for this guy (or emailing him via flickr if you log in):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/sets/72157594390275277/

I don't know him but he has posted some pictures of nice vintage bikes that he owns, and he seems to be based in Antrim.

I know Chris, and I'd imagine he'd be happy to help you out. He lives just outside Limavady in Derry.

If you have trouble getting in touch with him, you can pm me and I should be able to get in touch.

Edit: I just realized that IdentityCrisis is in Donegal, so he lives fairly close to Chris.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

One of his bikes (cane rims and all) is on display in a pub in Dunboyne (I think).
    Harry is buried in the graveyard in Balrothery if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IdentityCrisis

Thanks guys, help greatly appreciated,
    to ten speed racer i might get back to you on the contact details for Chris, i just got word of a possible solution in Dublin, where the filming would take place which would logistically be easier than collecting bikes from Derry, especially because i'm based in Waterford at the minute instead of Donegal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

check with Jim Wolfe of Wolfe cycles sundrive, he collects old bikes. He supplies bikes for Bloomsday and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Matthews Museum of cycling history.
    1 Lorcan Park,
    Santry,
    Dublin 9.
    01 8426734.

Peter Matthews there is very knowledgable and may be able to help.
    I know he has at least one Penny Farthing which I think he calls an ordinary or safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Peter Matthews there is very knowledgable and may be able to help..

One hell of a nice guy, a real gent.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IdentityCrisis

I've tried the number for Peter a few times but it seems to be no longer available or in service, is there another way of contacting Peter??

Advertisement