Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superhero Canvas prints

Options
  • 12-01-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Not really sure if anyone can help me, but I though the comic book nerds* might be able to.

I'm looking to get some art. Y'know, like canvas and stuff? Preferably bold striking colours, of superhero/villian faces, or action poses. Not too large, maybe A4 size or slightly larger. Has anyone seen these, or even know what I am talking about? Know where to get them?

I was thinking about

Batman
    Ironman
    Hulk
    Captain America
    Joker
    Wolverine
    Spawn

and the like.

I'm putting in an example, like the ones found here
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Art/Other/auction-260991715.htm

*I jest, I jest.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've seen them but mostly at conventions - sometimes individual artists selling prints or originals of their artwork, other times dealer tables selling them. I don't know how easy it'll be to find non-official prints of the kind you suggest, since artists would be allowed to sell individual artwork featuring licenced characters but probably not entire runs of prints...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

You could try searching Deviant Arts print shop.

There'll be an awful lot of crap, but you can find some absolute gems.

Had a quick look, this one isn't print enabled, but to give you an idea of the quality of some of the stuff.

Captain_America_by_Konjur.jpg

There's a feature to request a print to be enabled if you find something you really love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Success!

I've found one.

1562989.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

Happy days. This is the type I'm looking for. Forbidden Planet, anyone know if they do others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Ebay have tons of them worth looking there. Nice idea for a bachelor pad such as this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bachelor pad me arse, this is going in my new house, in the sitting room! :D

I'll keep mooching away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Bachelor pad me arse, this is going in my new house, in the sitting room! :D

I'll keep mooching away.

I have an Alex Ross lithograph in the dining room and she doesn't mind either so you won't hear complaints from me. The do have them on Ebay just search the prints section. A properly framed poster can look pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Try looking on Photoshock for Superhero and Custom Canvas prints

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Theres a furniture shop on Camden street, its kinda funky furniture shop. Theres a girl there who paints that animation type paintings. There very cool, and hand painted on canvas, better than any print. Its not really superheroes, but kinda Aoen Flux type artwork, with guns but not set in the future, etc.

Im not doing it justice, they are alot cooler than Im describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

If you go to deviantart just find an artist whose style you like and ask them to do a commission. Prices vary hugely and it might not cost as much as you would think, worth a try anyway, esp if you like the artists style.

www.digitalwebbing.com might be another place to look, lots of comic artists congregate there.

Advertisement