Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec 900 case from komplett

Options
  • 12-01-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

just got my case in and al works perfect except the noise from the top fan, and I mean a lot of noise, first thought a wire was touching it.

Does anyone know how to take the top bit of to replace it? Don't want to RMA as this will take a week orso.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ANTEC 900 Top Removal + 200mm Fan Replacement Guide

Top Removal

1. Obviously turn off ALL components attached to the case (I.E. PSU, and such)
    2. Proceed to take side panels off (One is only needed but case is easier to handle)
    3. Proceed to unscrew 2 screws (Marked in Yellow in photo) located at the center of the Upper Case (usually visible, but hard to find at first look)
    4. Then, push all 4 retaining clips through, NOT alot of pressure is needed on these clips (AKA don't break them)
    5. Give alittle tug for upper retaining clips to release (*BE CAREFUL due to CABLES are still attached to internal components and case)
    6. Do a 90 degree rotation of upper panel so the fan is accessible.

Replacement of 200mm fan (BIG BOY 200)

1. Remove 3 screws that hold fan in place (Marked by green in photo)
    2. Remove 200mm Big Boy fan
    3. Proceed to place new fan in.

Reverse order to proceed to "normal" structure.

antec900toptd3-1.gif

courtesy from tom's hardware!

hope this helps! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

just got my case in and al works perfect except the noise from the top fan, and I mean a lot of noise, first thought a wire was touching it.

Does anyone know how to take the top bit of to replace it? Don't want to RMA as this will take a week orso.

*EDIT* never mind I was wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

marco_polo wrote: »
    *EDIT* never mind I was wrong :)

Doesn't the fan have a little cable hanging off it with speed settings?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yep the fans on the 300 have a three speed switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Yes it has, but the noise is definte comming from the core of the fan.

RoyalMarineComm really thanks a lot, didn't see the 2 wee screws inside, I got it out and I can really hear were it comes from.

Thanks guys for the very quick responses!!

any thoughts if I can lubricate it with something?

• Advertisement

personally i would contact the vendor and explain the situation to them.

they might be willing to get you to ship the fan to them and replace it rather than sending the entire case back to them.

drop marc or ryan a pm and see what they suggest. they are excellent to deal with and will work something out for you.
    mark = http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=282095
    ryan = http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=29000
    i wouldn't bother trying to lubricate it. it might give you more hassle in the future when the warranty is out.

best to rma it now.

Thanks, It's sorted it was the sticker on top touching the axel.

thanks a million guys,

Special thanks to you RoyalMarineComm, without that drawwing I would have missed those screws and would be swearing al night!

an other problem sorted at boards.ie building & upgrading!!

glad we could help!

and i hate sticker's. i always remove them when i get new stuff. makes everything look nicer!

glad we could help!

and i hate sticker's. i always remove them when i get new stuff. makes everything look nicer!
    +1 my wife says I have an opsesion removing stickers!

Lucky you took it into your own hands, how pissed off would you be if you had RMA'd that sucker? :D

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    Lucky you took it into your own hands, how pissed off would you be if you had RMA'd that sucker? :D

I tend to do that anyway coz we live in the north west every thing takes days or weeks!

Yeah would be wel p1ssed off if you have to build every thing out , send back and wait just because some sticker on a fan!

Advertisement