Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D'Arcy's Bar in Shannon Still Open for business

Options
  • 12-01-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭

How can a town with a population of 10k not be able to sustain another bar? The Knights monopolises the bar trade in Shannon. What pisses me off the most is not the Knights, but it's patrons. All they do is complain about how crappy the place is but week in week out they are there in their droves.

Such a pity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Is Darcys the one across from the library, next the eddie rockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Is Darcys the one across from the library, next the eddie rockets?

It is, formerly known as Murphy Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is the bar thats upstairs still there? I can't remember the name, something like the crossroads.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The Crossroads is still there. Shame about Darcy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

We can see quite a lot more bars closing around Clare. My former local in Ennis is just barely surviving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

olde lodge in shannon supposed to be closing in next few weeks also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shannoncourthot

Swindon wrote: »
    olde lodge in shannon supposed to be closing in next few weeks also...

The above poster has it wrong, we are not closing. Wish people would remember that rumours are quite dangerous to a business. A rumour like this can worry creditors and future clients.

Just thought we would clarify.

Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

The above poster has it wrong, we are not closing. Wish people would remember that rumours are quite dangerous to a business. A rumour like this can worry creditors and future clients.

Just thought we would clarify.

Tks

Thanks for clarifying that. The rumour going around was that The Lodge, The Shamrock and Durty Nelly's in Bunratty were all owned by the same people as Darcy's and that they were all closing as well.

I'm glad it's not true. The chinese in The Lodge is savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Maybe a moderator will remove the original post pertaining to
    the Lodge. We all know how fast bad and false news can travel.
    I can only imagine how hard it is on business's in todays economic climate
    without having to worry about loosing any more customers due to false rumours. Every time a business closes it's door the community looses.
    Lets not contribute to their demise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Maybe a moderator will remove the original post pertaining to
    the Lodge. We all know how fast bad and false news can travel.
    I can only imagine how hard it is on business's in todays economic climate
    without having to worry about loosing any more customers due to false rumours. Every time a business closes it's door the community looses.
    Lets not contribute to their demise.

I second that. its tough out there without hearsay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

golden wrote: »
    I second that. its tough out there without hearsay.

i third that...

and i'll offer a vote of confidence for the lodge too, the €3 pints on a friday are great, long may it continue, beer tastes better when it's cheaper... :D

* no affiliation, just a happy customer...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

As someone who was involved in a business that had rumours about it going out of business, it can actually be good for business, people coming gawking to find out the sca :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

3 euro pints of a friday,why dont you advertise this:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

celliman wrote: »
    3 euro pints of a friday,why dont you advertise this:eek:

Why should they bother.
    We just did it for them.:D
    I reckon thats worth a free pint for us.*ahem*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Why should they bother.
    We just did it for them.:D
    I reckon thats worth a free pint for us.*ahem*

:D

The GAA do 3 euro pints on a Sunday too. Why bother going out on Saturdays anymore? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darcysbar

Darcy's Bar is most definitely back in business and this post is to correct any misconceptions an outdated post may have caused. Darcy's is a sports bar playing all the matches with live music and DJ at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

darcysbar wrote: »
    Darcy's Bar is most definitely back in business and this post is to correct any misconceptions an outdated post may have caused. Darcy's is a sports bar playing all the matches with live music and DJ at the weekend.
    These rumours were over 2 years ago!!!!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Zombie thread, I think I'll lock it but rename the topic to show the business is still open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement