Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel balancing cost?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hey,
    Hit a big kerb on the weekend after sliding on the ice, steering wheel is shaking now.
    Just wondering how much it would cost to get my wheels balanced? if thats what it is! Its a VW golf . Any recommendations, I'm living in Dublin.

Cheers in advance.
    Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If its just balancing its cheap out. €5 a wheel or so last time I got it done. Could be buckled wheel or damaged suspension though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah about €5 per wheel but as gpf101 it could be something more serious. They might be able to hammer out a buckled steel wheel if it's that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

cheers for quick response! lets hope its not the suspension, can fast fit check this out?

You're better off going to an independent tyre shop IMO. Fast Fit, Advance, etc. can be a bit hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd get a four wheel alignment done after that. Costs €70-90. What are your tyres like? How about the one you hit? Any visible damage to the wheel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

two front tyres hit at the same time, no damage to tyres. I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with the suspension.

If they both hit the kerb head-on at the same time you might be OK - hitting the kerb with the wheel at an angle is more likely to break things AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wooly1011

The two most frequent causes of a shaky steering wheel are either warped brake rotors, which will cause your steering wheel to shake when you brake, or unbalanced tires, which will cause your steering wheel to shake when driving at high speeds. There are other possible causes of a shaking steering wheel though.

https://quickfit.ie/competitively-priced-tyres/

Advertisement