Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked man

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all. I'm living in Skelligs in Waterville. Across the road from us there is a different estate in Waterville. Our back door looks straight across to the bedrooms of the peoples houses there. There's 1 man(50'ish) who for whatever reasons never closes his blinds or his curtains when in his bedroom. The problem is he has no problem walking around naked with the light on. And yes you can see everything. That's not my main problem. The main problem is when he lie's on his bed we can see him still even when he is doing things(U know what I mean). It doesn't bother me too much but I've a daughter who I don't really want seeing this so from 6 O'Clock onwards we have to close our curtains in the living room. I've informed the Guards and they said there's not alot they can do. Does anyone know if there is a residents association in that estate(Not sure what it's called)? Or is there any other way of contacting him other than just knocking into him. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

You could try posting a letter to him stating your concerns as nicely as possible.
    You don't have to sign it or anything.

I think I'd prefer to get a letter for a single individual rather than getting the local neighbourhood watch after me.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Haha, now this is an awkward situation alright. You'd think he'd have more sense, but no doubt it adds to his thrill knowing there's a possibility he has an audience. If I was you I'd type out a letter and send it to him via the post, you know his address I'm sure. A name is not necessary, just write "the occupant" of such and such house.

Keep it brief and to the point, mention your concerns in a mannerly fashion and sign it from a concerned parent. It's a starting point anyway if it doesn't work then a physical visit maybe the way to go, in conjunction with the residents association, or a guard etc. Hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm 99% certain you're referring to Annagh Court. They have one of the highest levels of rented units in Waterville and so don't appear to be very active at director or residents levels.

You could make a call to SPM, the Management Agents for Annagh Court, they might be able to advise you or give you contact details for someone in the development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

B*lls to that....

Send him an anonymous letter if you do not wish to confront the old geezer. Hopefully he covers up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm pretty sure that exposing himself to a child whilst he is sexually aroused is illegal.

So, as soon as your daughter sees him 'in the act', the guards can then do something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

You are correct it is illegal to expose oneself to a child, but in this instance the guy is not directly doing it for the benefit of a child, or anyone. He is in the privacy of his house. OK the curtains are open and clearly he seems to be a sort of exhibitionist but the Guards won't get involved unless it can be shown that he is aware there is children looking at him. To go proving that is another matter entirely.

I would take a subtle approach to this initially rather than getting involved in any legal proceedings, he may just close up his blinds when he realises there is a threat of his antics getting him into trouble with his neighbours, never mind the law. As I said above if this does not work then a different tack will have to be explored, which may or may not involve the Gardai.

OP do let us know what you do, some form of action is required, your concerns are well founded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 waterville res

Thanks for all the replies.

Will do up a letter and drop it in anonymously. Hopefully he'll close the curtains then. Will let you's know if there are any changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

So is this where Ugly Naked Guy ended up after Ross moved into his apartment:D?

Seriously, as the others have said, send an anonymous letter, he just might not be aware that he can be seen from the other apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Tell him if he continues you'll post him and his details up on YouTube :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That'll probably get him even more excited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement