Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Shelter for Charlesland

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if this issue has ever been broached before, and who would you contact to get one errected? Is it looked after by the council or is it Dublin Bus themselves? Surely the numbers of people waiting are great enough to warrant one. And there is absolutely no cover for that wind which seems to be channeled down from the Eden Gate direction.

Anyway, just interested in what other people think and if there has ever been any plans to move forward with something like this.

Cheers for the input.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I would say it's up to DB, however they would most likely need permission from Zapi to do it.

I agree though, when that wind gets blowing, it's mighty cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

http://www.wicklow.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=053828&LASiteID=0

so they have permission, they just couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 – 2002

Reference Number in Register: 05/3828

S C H E D U L E

Pursuant to the Planning & Development Acts 2000 – 2002 permission is hereby granted having regard to the limited scale of development and the objectives of the Wicklow County Development Plan 2004 and it is considered that subject to compliance with the attached conditions the development would accord with proper planning and sustainable development and would not seriously injure the visual amenities of the area.

1. This permission refers to the development as described in the documents lodged, save as the conditions hereunder require.

REASON: For clarification.

2. This permission refers to planning aspects only. Details of maintenance, possible removal, public lighting, insurance and how the works will be carried out shall be the subject of a license to be applied for from the Roads Authority.

REASON: For clarification.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    shall be the subject of a license to be applied for from the Roads Authority.

perhaps the delay then is in having the road taken in charge by Wicklow Co Co. - they might not want to erect a shelter on what is technically still a private road (though my money is still on lack of cash and\or will on the part of BAC).

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

As far as I know, the road between Charlesland and the Community swimming pool is now owned by Mountbrook Homes. They took it over from Zapi.

Would it not be easier to give them a call and ask them outright for answers about the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

a quick check in the Property Registration Authority will sort all this nonsense out...then let the hounding begin...of course there's a small fee for the search....anyone fancy doing it!?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

it has been discussed here quite recently (in relation to the non-gritting of the road) and the consensus has been that the Wicklow Co. Co. do not own the road. I'm sure a call to their roads dept. would confirm this. It definitely should be taken in charge by the council given its importance.

An email to Dublin Bus is probably the best way to find out about the shelter, they applied for (and got) permission, there's presumably some reason why they haven't built it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

I think this company makes and maintains them http://www.adshel.com/content.aspx?ID=30&ParentID=27&MicrositeID=0&Page=1

But as for building and permissions contact the council and then DB, keep in mind Kilmac northbound has had a notice up since 2006 ~ a shelter was built on the southbound side of Kilmac a couple of weeks back!

Wow, they managed to put a bus shelter up in one day...fair play. Now, will Harris or O'Sullivan be first to be photographed standing under it in The Wicklow Times? :rolleyes:

Boardsie photographer pic awaited. The race is on...

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

astrofluff wrote: »
    Wow, they managed to put a bus shelter up in one day...fair play. Now, will Harris or O'Sullivan be first to be photographed standing under it in The Wicklow Times? :rolleyes:

Boardsie photographer pic awaited. The race is on...

It will be pixbyjohn or jimjay

It would be even better if they get a politician in the shot. :pac:

• Advertisement

And there I was thinking of waiting till the morning for a photo. Nice one John, never missing an opportunity! Love the use of the flash against the cylindrical shelter posts. Did you knock over the plastic safety fencing for effect? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Damo9090 wrote: »
    It will be pixbyjohn or jimjay

It would be even better if they get a politician in the shot. :pac:

I would have put my money on john ;-)

I was going to do an evening shot but thought i would wait until the barriers had been taken away. However i see from Johns pic they add to the picture.

Maybe will try tomorrow evening. (Although its been done now. Where is Simon H when you need him)

Jimjay wrote: »
    I would have put my money on john ;-)

Where is Simon H when you need him)

6316602982_3e17e6d22c_z.jpg
    Simon TD by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I can see more people standing behind the advertising rather than seating in the seat. No wind cover :(

someone better at photoshop than me needs to add laser-beams to his eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

Anyone listen to East Coast? Every "good news" story is followed by "Simon Harris has welcomed this"...No sh!t!

Anyway, Charlesland Bus Stop Numbers are 7461 Northbound and 7462 Southbound for anyone using Apps like Next Bus Dublin.

ps. Would be great is smokers would show some consideration and not light up in bus shelters, not nice to be stinking of smoke for those who don't smoke...Simon Harris welcomes this comment, though he doesn't have to use public transport anymore with €4k per month expenses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's a beauty! It was a pleasure to stand next to it this morning. Shame the weather wasn't sh1t so we could appreciate it fully.

And still no sign of a photo opp from our elected officials... Has our cynicism put them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Wonder how long it will be before there is a thread complaining about the broken glass on the bus shelter and what a disgrace it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Ludo wrote: »
    Wonder how long it will be before there is a thread complaining about the broken glass on the bus shelter and what a disgrace it is.

Ah, yes. There is always someone looking to find the bad side of a good thing.

Very few bus shelters are smashed in and around the Greystones area. It's a rare occurrence when it happens and it's always been fixed pretty quick by Adshel.

It needs a bin, but I don't think anyone wants the responsibility of emptying it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

If they get repeatedly Smashed they put in perspex which inturn usually get set on fire lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Ha! I stand corrected.. smashed already. I at least thought we would make the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

d31b0y wrote: »
    Ah, yes. There is always someone looking to find the bad side of a good thing.

Very few bus shelters are smashed in and around the Greystones area. It's a rare occurrence when it happens and it's always been fixed pretty quick by Adshel.

It needs a bin, but I don't think anyone wants the responsibility of emptying it.

The one outside The Wood has had it's glass smashed already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

I was surprised to see it broken already this morning, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Plastik wrote: »
    I was surprised to see it broken already this morning, to be honest.

I was too but shouldn't have been. It only takes 1 or 2 idiots to ruin it for everyone else. Same as the spot-lights between the dart station and the park & ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

d31b0y wrote: »
    Ha! I stand corrected.. smashed already. I at least thought we would make the weekend.

oops...honestly, I didn't do it just to prove myself right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

23 hours and 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

I was too but shouldn't have been. It only takes 1 or 2 idiots to ruin it for everyone else. Same as the spot-lights between the dart station and the park & ride.

I was sickened to see all those lights from the Dart to the Park & Ride destroyed. That took some doing. What kind of creep does that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

wardie214 wrote: »
    I was sickened to see all those lights from the Dart to the Park & Ride destroyed. That took some doing. What kind of creep does that.

ME too I could not believe it! It is so awful :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

6315722395_b018657d29_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of those bus shelters.. We got one of them in Arklow a number of months back, and the points between the ceiling panels leak when it rains. They should have just welded them together..

They're also a tad narrow, so if there's strong wind with the rain, they don't actually shelter you at all, you just get drenched.

Very surprised to hear the one in Greystones get wrecked, I would have thought that it would last at least as long as the one we have down here, which hasn't been damaged yet.

Advertisement