Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Joomla Templates

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I've been designing websites for a couple of years and I'm looking at creating more Joomla Sites. Dreamweaver is not a problem but does anyone know a good Joomla Template builder that can convert the draft i did in Dreamweaver to Joomla.

Basically I'd like to be able to design a site in a programme that then exports all the files I need to upload to Joomla. Is this possible?? is it like asking can i have my wife the way she is but with Rachel Stevens Body and Rachel Stephens Face??

thanks..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I think there are such tools but since they're for the closed source dreamweaver they then to closed source and commercial themselves.

While joomla is open source, you are really looking for a Dreamweaver extension so I think you might have more luck with this question in the web designer's forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

croo wrote: »
    I think there are such tools but since they're for the closed source dreamweaver they then to closed source and commercial themselves.

While joomla is open source, you are really looking for a Dreamweaver extension so I think you might have more luck with this question in the web designer's forum.

there are some apps for creating Joomla templates but they all basically boil down to an application where you select pre-designed items and add them to the template. A bit like those cheesey lets build a website CD's that are available in super markets. Fine for hobby stuff, but not on for a real business.

There are no converters for going straight from a PS to a Template zip.

What we do is export the PS in CSS format and then insert user positions etc. You need to be sharp on CSS to create templates correctly tho.

Advertisement