Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in St Anton

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Thinking of joining a group who are already booked in for a week in Feb. Need to source accomm on my own though. Anyone any ideas ? There must be cheap accomm in these places, would I be mad to wait till I go over there ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

call andy or gina at the Hotel Fahrner

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

hotels can be pricey. You'd probably get a good deal in a pension last minute-ish. If its just yourself then you should find a place with one room. Staying up near the mooserwirt can be handy for skiing/boarding down to the lifts in the morning but require a taxi home as you won't walk it (but it's a cool apres ski area)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mal_1

In St Anton at the moment. I booked on this website a place at last moment.

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/

Previously I arrived in the town on my own as part of a bigger group, and went into the tourist office and got a place which wasn't on any websites (Cheap and maybe not cheerful but at a single rate,) did the job for a couple of nights. So its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

conno16 wrote: »
    call andy or gina at the Hotel Fahrner

Friends of mine stayed in this hotel recently and really liked it. They went for the half board option, food was good. It is a bit of a walk from the town centre, maybe 15 mins up a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

mal_1 wrote: »
    In St Anton at the moment. I booked on this website a place at last moment.

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/

I've used this website as well - both times we went to St Anton. Found it very useful. You can also mail the tourist office through the website & ask them for alternative options.

• Advertisement

If it's not a fully-booked week like new years or school break you'll almost always get something through the tourist office. As was said - hotels are always fairly pricey - go for b+b / zimmer frei type thing - which are pretty decent in Austria. If you're two guys beware of the Austrian Twin tho - it's pretty much always a double bed with two seperate mattresses and not two seperate beds...

Advertisement