Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mercedes ML 280cdi

Options
  • 12-01-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

hi

sorry its supposed to be an ML 280cdi

there is a 07 commercial one of these going for auction in the next few days and was just wondering what people thoughts were on these?

what kind of money would you pay on a forecourt for one of these? and what would be the most you should pay for one at auction?

are they reliable? and are they dear to repair if one does breakdown?

what is it like fuel wise? it is automatic.

does the 280 mean that it is a 2.8 diesel?

what is it like comfort wise? iam a fairly big man and i find some cars like the audi a4 and the honda accord are very narrow inside of them and i feel like iam squashed up against the passenger. also is it comfortable on long journeys?

what is it like pulling a trailer or cattle box?

i don't know anything about these so any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

anyone?:confused:

anything?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Sorry lad, I meant to reply this but forgot to come back to the thread.

The ML jeep IMO is really a soft-roader. I doubt it would be very good at towing trailers or roughing it.

There is a nice interior in them. They are severe on brakes and like any Mercs I have ever worked on the discs are pretty soft so they tend to wear out sooner than you would expect.

There is a clip on the exhaust just below the turbo that also breaks. Apart from that I havent done enough with them to comment further

i wouldn't be pulling trailers the whole time with it just maybe 20 miles a week with about a tonne in it, iam not a farmer so off roading wouldn't be an issue.

but anyhow so what you are saying is it could work out to be an expensive one to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is it a GL or an ML?

the CL is a coupe.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    is it a GL or an ML?

the CL is a coupe.

000PS:o
    i will just change that now its an ML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Slidey wrote: »
    Sorry lad, I meant to reply this but forgot to come back to the thread.

The ML jeep IMO is really a soft-roader. I doubt it would be very good at towing trailers or roughing it.

There is a nice interior in them. They are severe on brakes and like any Mercs I have ever worked on the discs are pretty soft so they tend to wear out sooner than you would expect.

There is a clip on the exhaust just below the turbo that also breaks. Apart from that I havent done enough with them to comment further

I have to disagree there .. ive seen a couple of them in action, and driven one a few times. they have serious traction and towing capacity.. maybe they look soft but they are defo not!

Advertisement