Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFN 20 didn't all record (no spoilers)

Options
  • 12-01-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I'm sure like many of you that had to go to work / college / school today, I decided to record UFN last night and watch it this morning. Gutted to see that it went on passed the 2 hour mark so I only got 2 minutes of the first round of the main event before the recording cut out.

This happen to anyone else? Anyone know if they plan to repeat the event?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have it recorded too :mad:

SPORT: UFC
    On: ESPN HD
    Date: Tuesday 12th January 2010 (starting this evening)
    Time: 22:00 to 00:00 (2 hours long)

Fight Night 20.
    A real treat for Ultimate Fighting fans, Fight Night 20 features a bout between Gray Maynard and Nate Diaz, plus a busy undercard of bone-crunching action.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Awesome, cheers, will set the show after it to record aswell. Or might just stay up and watch it.

Now I just gotta dodge the result for the rest of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

like you i recorded ufn so i could watch it the next day. fortunately i also recorded the programme due to be on after it (all access) so when i played this i got the end of the main event:D:D.

but it still sucks for coverage to be mistimed like that. feel sorry for you man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

thanks for ruining the last fight on me. Now I know it didnt end in the first 2 minutes.
    Thats 2 mins I just wont be able to enjoy now, the suspense is gone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Its very seldom ESPN actually stick to the times on there page, thats why i always record watever is on after watever i want to see. just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Had the same problem myself, came home this evening to watch it, and it stopped mid way during the first round. grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I don't think it's ESPN's mistake in fairness to them, the Spike broadcast ran over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

well at least we know blue mountain state is premiering and its a great show :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

adamski8 wrote: »
    well at least we know blue mountain state is premiering and its a great show :rolleyes:

It looks like absolute **** too. That is the downfall of having events shown on Spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

adamski8 wrote: »
    ...Joe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

Lads only got around to watching it this evening and had the same problem. Anyone know if its repeated a second time. I checked the guide but it doesn't seem to be. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

When it comes to any UFC broadcast, always record the programme after the broadcast. Its usually NBA or cricket or something. Its happened twice with 2 main UFCs that the broadcast ended early.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Yep same thing happened here but luckily I was recording the Tito Ortiz bit that was on next. So saw the full card. Unfortunately Tito went bye bye ;). Will record the prog on after for all future events especially UFN as I rememer it cut out eary for Diaz vs Guillard I think.

Advertisement