Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] PVP, difference between low sec and 0.0

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

What would you say are the main differences between fighting in low sec and 0.0?

For example, would you use different types of fittings and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The reason I asked is cause I move to a new corp, I was based in a low sec corp where the fittings of choice were all geared towards close range, burn in as quick as possible (nearly all mwd fits) point and orbit at your optimal. But now I've moved on to a 0.0 corp and all their fittings are long range sniper fits.

I know you can use HICs n DICs, so is this why people opt for long range?
    I'd ask in corp chat but I'd probably be laughed out... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Only 2 big differences for you would be bubbles and not worrying about criminal countdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Most low sec gangs are set up to tank sentrys and a enemy ship so what 700 dps? passive tanked drakes high armor buffer megas and the likes are popular most soloers fly around in **** like that as well so they can tank the blobs of defense gangs in crappy dps drakes (or at lest try) and such added to that the need to get into 24km or 8km to point anything means you need to be survivable.I Imagen with out the risk of sentry's and the number of small fast interceptors/recons/bubbles in 0.0 to point **** and hold it down for you it makes longer range fast maneuverable hacs more appealing and practical...

...Still to expensive though i wouldn't care were i was id just fly around in a 50m nano cane or buffer harb etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Just had my first big (for me anyway) engagement last night. Now rails make perfect sense. But the feckin lag!! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

0.0 fits would be more geared towards gang action, high damage long range, beams/rails/arty with a buffertank and no tackle, like beam zealots, arty tempests and so on, the battlefields are usually larger, with low sec fights taking place at >20km and 0.0 fights taking place at >80km or more using dictors to tackle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

azezil wrote: »
    Just had my first big (for me anyway) engagement last night. Now rails make perfect sense. But the feckin lag!! >_<

No, no they don't ... i am currently gallante spec , Blasters are situational , the only situation being if you land right on top of the ****ing target and scram and web him before he knows what he is doing , but rails just plain suck , only ship i use them on is an ishkur ... to make it survivable ... , I would reccomend training pulse lasers or autocannons , both of which with one or two tracking enhancers / computers you can get easily over 20 - 24 km ..... if you are reluctant .... there is a ferox fit where you can get 25km with blasters and null and a nice buffer however it is sub par to the likes of a harbringer etc .... or just use a drake / onyx ....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

GO_Bear wrote: »
    No, no they don't ... i am currently gallante spec , Blasters are situational , the only situation being if you land right on top of the ****ing target and scram and web him before he knows what he is doing , but rails just plain suck , only ship i use them on is an ishkur ... to make it survivable ... , I would reccomend training pulse lasers or autocannons , both of which with one or two tracking enhancers / computers you can get easily over 20 - 24 km ..... if you are reluctant .... there is a ferox fit where you can get 25km with blasters and null and a nice buffer however it is sub par to the likes of a harbringer etc .... or just use a drake / onyx ....

he's talking about 0.0 fleet / sniper fights champ, rails are what you use in sniper skirmishes

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Gneez wrote: »
    he's talking about 0.0 fleet / sniper fights champ, rails are what you use in sniper skirmishes

Ah **** ya , i taught he is in a low sec corp ...

My bad , and i was not aware rails were for sniping thanks for that

Advertisement