Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions

Options
  • 12-01-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Im looking for suggestions and advice with either altering or going over the tattoo on the under neath of my upper left arm
    i love polynesian and tribal style tatts
    to cut a long story short...i got the tattoo done in new york 2 years ago sort of rushed into it ,wasnt entirely impressed by the artist that was going to do it

under a bit of pressure from the brother who was mates with him blah blah

anyway what yous think?Sean031.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

First of all I will say that the best person to ask this question to is a tattoo artist, they are the ones who will know best what will work.

Saying that I will try help out from what I know. Generally cover up tattoos have to be darker and bigger than the original, meaning yours would end up quite dark and covering a large part of your arm. Also polynesian style tattoos are as much about the negative space of the tattoo as they are about the skin tattooed. Lookin at your tattoo it might not be suitable for polynesian cover up as the tattoo is quite tight and doesn't leave much un-tattooed skin for the negative space in a polynesian tattoo.

but after saying all that the best thing to do is have a look in the portfolio section at the top of the page and pick an artist you like (Dont pick based just on who is closest to you), talk to them and explain what you want as they will be the best ones to help you. Best of luck.

Advertisement