Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimensions of a NES controller

Options
  • 12-01-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭

I was wonder ing if you could obtain the following dimensions for me.

Width.
    Length
    Height
    Distance from A button to right hand edge and bottom edge.
    Distance from B button to A button.
    Distance from start button to A button.
    Distance from start to select.
    Distance from left hand side of D-pad to left edge.
    Distance from bottom of D-pad to bottom edge.

I'm aware it's a lot and I apologise, but It's important so I'd be really grateful if you could give them to me.

Mods, I understand this isn't the sort of discussion you want in here so I apologise for that too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How exact do you need the measurements? Calipurs or would a measuring tape do? (I only have access to a measuring tape at the moment)

When you say from a button to the edge, do you mean the edge of the button or the centre?

And most importantly, what's this for?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

o1s1n wrote: »
    How exact do you need the measurements? Calipurs or would a measuring tape do? (I only have access to a measuring tape at the moment)

When you say from a button to the edge, do you mean the edge of the button or the centre?

And most importantly, what's this for?! :D

Measuring tape is perfect.

Um... whichever is easier for yourself.

It's for my god damn DCG project for my leaving cert. I decided to go old school and use the NES controller :D Oh the memories I had with the SNES :)

Basically we must, first choose an existing controller and create a solid works model of it. Then we must modify the controller to improve it. :P

There's a few more which I forgot :p

Radius or diameter of A button.
    Length of start button.
    lenght of d - pad (from one side of it to the other)

I swear that's it ;)

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Jako8 wrote: »
    Measuring tape is perfect.

Um... whichever is easier for yourself.

It's for my god damn DCG project for my leaving cert. I decided to go old school and use the NES controller :D Oh the memories I had with the SNES :)

Basically we must, first choose an existing controller and create a solid works model of it. Then we must modify the controller to improve it. :P

Ah so that's why there's MegaDrive and PS controllers in my Tech Drawing room in school :D

Master of the Universe

Sorry Jako8, went to do this for you last night but my new measuring tape has completely vanished :confused: I only bought the damn thing a couple of weeks ago to measure up some paintings to be framed.

I tore the place apart looking everywhere. Weird.

If someone else has a NES pad and a measuring tape feel free to help the guy out.

I'll see if I can find it again. If not and nobody else can help I'll just pick up another one in the 2 euro shop as soon as I can. need one myself anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Man I thought I could find anything thru Google, this one eluded me big time. If I've missed a measurement ya need let me know, measuring tape and controller are close by, in between a can of cheap beer and me ciggies:

Width. - 17mm
    Length - 125mm
    Height - 55mm
    Distance from A button to right hand edge and bottom edge. - 15mm from edge of A button to r/h edge - 10 mm to bottom edge
    Distance from B button to A button. - 6mm from edge of A to edge of B...Dia of buttons is 10mm
    Distance from start button to A button. - 27mm
    Distance from start to select. - 6 mm
    Distance from left hand side of D-pad to left edge. - 11mm
    Distance from bottom of D-pad to bottom edge. - 11mm

Hope that's it, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

NesController2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Fair play to you atariman ;)

atariman wrote: »
    [picture]

You, my friend, are a legend!

Thanks a load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mcgalway1

Great upload atariman! im doing the project aswel, thanks a mil!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KabeH

i had to register just so i could say how much of a freaking legend you are for this picture.. thank you
    i dont care what they say about you youre alright in my books.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Damn atariman, you got skillz!

:P

Master of the Universe

lol funnily enough, I only came across that measuring tape that went missing this weekend. I had to move my old pc out to use the cd drive in it to burn some games. And there was the tape behind it :confused:

So if you guys need any more controllers measured give me a shout :D

Except the n64, I refuse to have anything to do with one of those abominations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KabeH

could i get dimensions and posibly a diagram of a snes control?? also what about a nes game cartridge?
    honestly a wealth of help in this thread thankyou

Master of the Universe

KabeH wrote: »
    could i get dimensions and posibly a diagram of a snes control?? also what about a nes game cartridge?
    honestly a wealth of help in this thread thankyou

Yeah sure thing. I'm in work at the moment but will dig out the stuff when I get home.

Master of the Universe

Here you go. Sorry if it looks a bit messy, but I had to use a laptop touchpad!

Fairly sure all the measurements are there :)

I had to put some of them away from where they were. Just follow the yellow lines.

Snespaddimensions.jpg

Ah I forgot the dimension of the start and select buttons. They're 10mm across and 4mm wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

When you get a chance you might do the Steel Battalion Controller.......................only joking:D

Master of the Universe

When you get a chance you might do the Steel Battalion Controller.......................only joking:D

Ciderman! We has a job for you...

Advertisement