Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring new home

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

In the process of wiring my house at the moment and my tv is to be positioned over the fireplace with the dvd, sky box, games console and surround sound amp consealed in a cabinet to the right of the fireplace. This means chasing for all the required cables, i'll need hdmi cables for each item, im including cat5 cables also, but do i need anything from the surround sound amp to the tv?
    Anything ye guys think i should add in to future proof the whole thing, i'm a bit lost when it comes to these things, so if anyone could maybe give a little advise it'd be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cableguyireland

you could just run one hdmi cable and use a small 5 in 1 out or similar switcher based with av eqquip then you'll only need one long expensive lead while the rest can be short as they will be local to the equipment. A couple of cat 5 cables and i'd suggest maybe 2 x 2 core screened cables and 2 x rg6 or rg 59 coax cables in case you decide to ad something at a later date better to be looking at it than lookin for it:D

Advertisement