Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smash and Stab - is it worth it ??

Options
  • 11-01-2010 11:09pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well as the title suggests , are "smash and stab" effects worth the risk to your person ? as oeb mentioned , owen lean (roadmage) , did himself an injury a few years ago performing this ( in the uk i think).

The only safe (and i use the term relatively ) method/presentation i've seen is "Spike" , which I've used myself on occasion.

"Smash and grab " or "stab" Type effects - do you perform them ? 3 votes

Yes - It never fails to knock em dead !!!
    0% 0 votes
    Nope - I like my hands/head as they are thanks
    100% 3 votes
    Never attempted it/seen it being done
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

I use S&S all the time. It's perfectly safe as long as you're not an idiot and are careful. The detection system is way more yes/no than Spike as well. As a hypnotist you should no full well that people can convince themselves they are feeling a sensation when they aren't!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

??? wrote: »
    As a hypnotist you should no full well that people can convince themselves they are feeling a sensation when they aren't!

Thats why i'm the only one i trust to get the sensation !!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

As with most things, it's human error that screws them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

seen a magician perform S+S and forget to check lighting pre performance, and seriously struggle to find it. Im still convinced the first crush was done totally blind. not cool.

Advertisement