Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asrock 330HT help

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got an Asrock 330HT-BD machine for Christmas, and up until recently, everything had been going great.

The problem cropped up the other day, when I hadn't turned it on for a while. Windows 7 wouldn't boot up anymore, and the safe boot mode would blue screen after disk.sys, and the windows memory diagnostic tool told there were hardware errors as soon as I started it.

Eventually, I managed to get it to boot, but this was by setting the shared memory in the bios to 512MB, where it's normally set to "Auto". While this lets me into Windows, there's corruption all over the screen.

The question that I have is: Is this a problem with the video adapter part of it, or is this a problem with the memory?

One will need an RMA, while the other only needs new ram, which I had been planning on getting anyway.

Just looking for thoughts on it really.

Thanks!

Advertisement