Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offshore electrician work

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi. I dont know if this is the right place for this thread. Have any of you electricians ever done offshore work? Im a sparks myself and Im intersested in getting into the industry. Does anyone know how to go about it? I've looked into doing the safety courses but they're fairly expensive so I dont want to do them if there's no chance of getting into the industry at the moment.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

Ive worked off shore , very hard to get into , you need the experience . catch 22 really.
    with out current off shore tickets, medical and a compex cert you wont be entertained .
    it will cost a couple of grand to get your certs in order.
    i think to get off shore work you need to start working with contractors that supply or service off shore equipment

Advertisement