Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] So whats happening?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I've been off Eve for like a year now I gave my characters to a friend from Holland. Of late I've been wondering whats happening in the game? what old school alliances/corps have fallen? who's quit? has there been any more mad nerfs?

P.S Its Zudari/Electric cucumber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Well its been 11 months since bob fell.

Hulks now cost over 200million thanks to dominion and hulkageddon

pyerite now costs 6isk and still rising.

and most shockingly im getting killed in highsec wars these days rather than in lowsec being a bad pirate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

eve is still a very boreing game

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

minmatar got boosted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

AAA attacking goons, CVA attacking AAA.
    IT alliance kicking arse
    I dont know/care about the north

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Krieg wrote: »
    AAA attacking goons, CVA attacking AAA.

This is going to get very interesting.
    IT alliance kicking arse

Kind of. We've yet to see them assault a properly defended system. PL and SoT didn't even bother defending Fountain, a bunch of SoT corps defected and handed over a ton of stations. They've done well taking over Fountain but we've yet to see them properly opposed.
    I dont know/care about the north

As far as I understand it, the Northern Coalition is somehow do rather poorly against a Tri invasion, though that's about all I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Are Tri still around? I thought they split up again about 3 months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Zillah wrote: »
    Kind of. We've yet to see them assault a properly defended system. PL and SoT didn't even bother defending Fountain, a bunch of SoT corps defected and handed over a ton of stations. They've done well taking over Fountain but we've yet to see them properly opposed.

Makes sense.
    Hard to believe any alliance could cover that much space so quickly.

Last week
    http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/20100105.png

Today
    http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

Edit: LOL, hey r00t, where did you last logout/keep your assets?

This just in: In a shocking move IT invade Delve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

Zillah wrote: »
    This just in: In a shocking move IT invade Delve!
    In an even more shocking development no one saw it coming.

No seriously Delve was always the target and that could be seen as plain as the big nose on my face. We'll hopefully get to see how retardedly difficult station assaults really are now and ccp will put more of a variance onto the reinforced timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Krieg wrote: »
    Makes sense.
    Hard to believe any alliance could cover that much space so quickly.

Last week
    http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/20100105.png

Today
    http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

Edit: LOL, hey r00t, where did you last logout/keep your assets?

I'm actually logged out in X-7 and my assets are all in empire =) took my break while we were still in the north :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

my mn5n-x jew fleet backbone!

Coranor wrote: »
    In an even more shocking development no one saw it coming.

No seriously Delve was always the target and that could be seen as plain as the big nose on my face. We'll hopefully get to see how retardedly difficult station assaults really are now and ccp will put more of a variance onto the reinforced timers.

In case I wasn't clear, I was being entirely sarcastic.

Also, update! Morsus Mihi has three Tri titans tackled and overwhelmed as I type this. There were nine titans, six got out. Their entire support fleet has been exterminated. I'm eagerly awaiting updates.

EDIT: False alarm, titans escaped by quitting. How less exciting than the initial news of nine titans tackled.

Ok so I tried to start playing again BUT!!! eve wont install I keep getting some weird error oh well

Ok so I tried to start playing again BUT!!! eve wont install I keep getting some weird error oh well

screenshot and post!

So far I've downloaded 3 clients got the same error on two, then with an older client I couldn't update it for some reason

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1001/Error.JPG

So far I've downloaded 3 clients got the same error on two, then with an older client I couldn't update it for some reason

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1001/Error.JPG

Your downloading it via the current eve client you got I would assume, try downloading the full client from the eve website.

I did download the current full client

are you using steam to install it? If so try using the standard download.

Try using this link
    http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/EVE_Premium_Setup_120813_m.exe

Its the full client without using the eve downloader.

Havent even bothered trying the steam client

So far I've downloaded the little 1.5mb client downloader thing and it hasent worked, the full latest client and got that error, an old client from august but it wouldnt update, redownloaded the current client but that just failed at downloading and then redownloaded the current client again and I'm getting the same error again

• Advertisement

after reading though forums regarding the same issue there are two solutions that poped up.

1. The antivirus scan was corrupting the install. Disabling the antivirus and redownoading and installing resolved the issue.

2. Windows firewall was causing problems with the install. Disabling the firewall and redownloading and installing resolved.

I say try both of the above and see what happens.

Got it working turns out its a known issue and theres a quick fix

Got it working turns out its a known issue and theres a quick fix

and the fix was?

Delete an exe atleast I think it was an exe

http://support.eve-online.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=15

IT and the Russian-south have failed to take 49- if anyone is curious. Everything they own is destroyed or reinforced. Tuesday should have been a massive fight for the system but they declined to engage, largely due to a massive goon cap presence, a newly installed surprise sovereignty jammer and the demoralising tactic goonfleet employed in regards to the new sov system (they anchored their own SBUs haha).

Bunch of Russian carriers doomsdayed today as well apparently. IT probably have some surprises up their sleeve for invading Delve as they've not comitted to it yet, but Stain/Sys-K/AAA etc are totally exhausted. They've been forced to fight in goonswarm primetime for over a week, which meant repeated alarm-clock ops which they have now seen amount to nothing (they have literally lost 12+ SBUs), and they were throwing everything they had at Delve. Their leadership claims its just beginning but I honestly don't think they're going to get anything near the numbers they had two weeks ago. They're unbelievably bitter already with claims of devswarm, hacks and exploits going off all over the place. They claim we kept bringing down the node deliberately (they had about 50% more people in local than we did) and all sorts of wonderful fuming.

(In regards to the trick of anchoring their own SBUs, devs have confirmed it is allowed)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Coranor in "giev us back delve" shocker. You useless ****ing ******s should really go do something else for a change instead of subjecting the entire galaxy to the goon v neobob ****fest this will turn out to be tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Werd .. Startrek online is the nu EvE :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

mamolian wrote: »
    Coranor in "giev us back delve" shocker. You useless ****ing ******s should really go do something else for a change instead of subjecting the entire galaxy to the goon v neobob ****fest this will turn out to be tbh

I told you you should have left us alone to fight the goons in the first place but noooooo everyone had to hate on bob. After we had spent years selflessly working to provide game content to all of you. All you could do was hate on poor us.

I'm not particularly all that worried about 49- considering that attacking station systems is infinitely more difficult now than it was before. Never mind the sheer amount of bugs and **** that ccp have failed to acknowledge and basically refuse all existence of. It'll be a nice staging point when it finally falls. Why they started randomly anchoring sbu's to be killed though i'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JoeDante

damn, I really need to start PVPing to get myself proper bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

eve is full of bitter vets ... guess after you killed your 1000 pos your sanity sorta breaks down you forget its but a game and start hateing the ***** who put up the damn thing's

Advertisement