Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

config.php permissions query

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My admin account on the php forum I run tells me my config.php file is world-writeable (and I should change it to 640 or 644), and my control panel account with the hosting crowd tells me that the config.php file isn't world writeable (it's 640!). Is this just a bug with the php? (Using v 3.04) or is it a hosting issue?

Pren.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Do you access to your hosting control panel or ftp account? You can easily change the permissions in there. If your using "cPanel" for your hosting control panel, you can click on:
    file manager -> home directory -> (find config.php file) highlight file by clicking on it -> and click on "change permissions"
    Check the following:
    1) Read (user, world, group)
    2) Write (user)
    3) Execute (none checked)

And you now have permissions set to 644.

Advertisement