Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting up posters around Trinity?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Is one allowed to put up posters around Trinity, for non-college related things? I remember some malarchy about CSC logos or something, but I assume that's for society posters...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

Is one allowed to put up posters around Trinity, for non-college related things? I remember some malarchy about CSC logos or something, but I assume that's for society posters...

Nope, external advertising is not allowed and if anyone sees a poster not published by the SU/a society/a sports club, they're entitled to tear it down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

If only more people tore down stupid posters, we wouldn't have so many society and SU heads staring at us from every wall. Bloody egocentrists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Hi electrogrimey

As already mentioned, only societies are allowed to put up posters in college. However, there is a virtual noticeboard at https://www.tcd.ie/Secretary/Communications/Noticeboard/local/ where tcd students can advertise things like accommodation, concert tickets etc and put up other announcements.
    I hope you will find it some use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 do.ob

You can put up posters. I've done it before. They're liable to get taken down though. This week would be perfect as societies aren't postering but there are still people around college ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

let me guess electrogrimey, some sort of club night/DJ event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

devinejay wrote: »
    let me guess electrogrimey, some sort of club night/DJ event?

Nope, my band, half of whom are TCD students, are playing Tripod this Saturday.

/plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

So it's not just DJing you're into, fair play on the gig and good luck with it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Cosey up to some music related society and ask if you can advertise it as being one of their events.

Advertisement