Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMDG 747 vs MD 11

Options
  • 11-01-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well both are undoubtedly fantastic aircraft.

Depends though- have you much experience flying full realism aircraft. The MD11 takes it to a whole new level and even for myself, the MD11 requires you to sit down for quite some time and work through the aircraft and the systems.

The 747 is much more of a "jump in and fly" aircraft- the systems are not as complex and are common to the rest of the Boeing family (for the most part).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

The 747 looks a lot easier to manage, the MD-11 probably appeals more to those that want to spend ages starting up and configuring systems. Does either plane have "panel states" where you can just click and chose cold/dark or ready to fly etc.

I'm very much looking forward to the 737NG when it comes out, the FS2004 version was fantastic and one of my favorite aircraft of all time to fly. I much prefer shorter regional flights with a couple of legs and landings rather then massive long distance flights in the heavies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

pclancy wrote: »
    The 747 looks a lot easier to manage, the MD-11 probably appeals more to those that want to spend ages starting up and configuring systems. Does either plane have "panel states" where you can just click and chose cold/dark or ready to fly etc.

Yeah you can load up a cold and dark or engines started on either aircraft which is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

pclancy wrote: »

I'm very much looking forward to the 737NG when it comes out, the FS2004 version was fantastic and one of my favorite aircraft of all time to fly. I much prefer shorter regional flights with a couple of legs and landings rather then massive long distance flights in the heavies.

off topic, but do you have an idea when this(NG)is being released. I can't find anything on the net about a release date!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

No idea I don't think its been announced yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

They said they wont have something to show until February at the earliest and are saying it will be released mid 2010.

Cant wait for it to be honest. I'm like Paul in that I like the short haul flights. Bought the Md11 but havent really used it because there's a steeper learning curve than most aircraft and I just dont have the time these days.

Advertisement