Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to be reimbursed college fees?

Options
  • 11-01-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

was approved grant on october 7th and still havent been reimbursed my fees!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

when i was accepted on my grant, i had to fill out a registration fee refund form from the college. i got it at reception, and 3 days later the 1500 was paid into my account.

Ring them repeatedly. Honestly, blood out of a stone, keep ringing/dropping in until you get your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

it took me about 6 weeks, i constantly rang and called into the tresurers office, so much so that security downstairs pretty much knew me by name and where i was going everytime i came in. It is like trying to get blood out f a stone, the cnstatly tell you that they have to wait for the council t send it to them but if they put pressure on the council then you'l get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

I got mine back within a few weeks of filling out the return of registration fees form. Im also in LYIT like RoyalMarineComm so they seem to be quite good at giving back money.
    As far as I know as soon as your 1st installment of grant is sent to college they also receive the registration fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Who do you ring? The college or the council?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Tasha90

Thanks a million for information people. Rang DCU and they say when the council sends the money to them they'll give it back. May start constantly ringing the council!!! Hope to get the money back asap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i wouldn't bother ringing the council.

the college look after the refund of the fee's and you will probably only annoy the staff in the council.

I would keep putting pressure on the college. maybe a weekly drop into the office to ask if there's any update might help.

Advertisement