Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skying in March

Options
  • 11-01-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anone has any advice on where there would be good skying in mid march. Planning on heading for a week on March 13. Thinking about livigno as its a pretty high resort and should have snow. Has anyone been there at that time of year and if so is it any good for snow that far into the season.

If anyone has any recommendations of other resorts please let me know.

Cheers

Edit: Just saw some flights that suited us better that will take us to munich on march 13th. Can anyone recommend me a resort around the munich area, good snow a must.
    Cheers again

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

livingo and val thorens are standard late resorts because of height. They tend to be a bit colder and not get as slushy as some of the lower resorts.

March 13 isn't that late though so a lot of resorts will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Just about everywhere should have good snow in March. As insurance, you might pick a resort that has a telecabine or something similar from mid-station back to the resort, just in case the lower slopes are nasty at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

i was in livigno 2 years back that week for the inaugural Irish Snow Champs (back then, the irish skiing and snowboarding championships) and there was great snow! some serious powder was had!

great resort, it is a bit spread out though and the transfer is a pain, but the pistes are top notch!

Advertisement