Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet around house

Options
  • 11-01-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

In my parents house we have quite thick walls and our wireless internet cannot seem to penetrate through our walls.

We are looking to solutions to provide internet throughout the house. I came across the following products.

DSC07233.JPG

DSC07234.JPG

DSC07235.JPG

DSC07236.JPG

DSC07237.JPG

DSC07238.JPG

Anybody any experience with these? They are supposed to transfer the information through the house electricity network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

NNot those particular brands - but the technology works quite well, if that's what you're asking.
    (Scour maplins, dabs, komplett, ebay, expansys - you'll often find them cheaper on one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Peter B wrote: »
    In my parents house we have quite thick walls and our wireless internet cannot seem to penetrate through our walls.

Can we assume you have already tried disconnecting cordless phones from mains power with handsets turned off and/or changing the frequency of the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Had a pair of the devolos in the house in dublin. It was a townhouse, and the wireless router was on the ground floor and the signal could not go straight up to the 3rd floor.

I found them great. I would highly recommend them. Quite literally plug and play, and they didn't interfere with any other in my gadget-rich home. The only thing I had against them was the cost. It was like 120 euro for a pair. Other than that a great solution, and they didn't need to be rebooted every 3 days, unlike the wireless router we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Just to say I bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-Mbps-Home-Double/dp/B000TV7FJ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263852649&sr=8-1

Found it brilliant for getting internet around the house. Didn't buy the wireless one but excellent for plug and play anywhere round the house.

I highly recommend this product. Be warned though, after reading all the reviews it seems that it doesn't work on all houses. You might be unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

They had similar things in Lidl recently for €24.99 if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 r3nm0r3RASCAL

The lady on the box is nice lookin. :cool:

Advertisement